Employment at AMADA
AMADA's dedication to engineering excellence and unmatched product support has established and earned a worldwide reputation. That standard-setting commitment continues at AMADA CANADA, LTD. — a company driven to ensure our customers' success.
At AMADA CANADA, Ltd. we custom engineer cost-saving solutions. We do this by carefully listening to our customers and responding to their needs. If you're interested in putting your customer-centered skills to work for an industry leader, please contact us today.
AMADA CANADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salaries and excellent comprehensive benefits.
Field Service Technician (Drummondville/Victoriaville)
AMADA CANADA is currently seeking a Field Service Technician and offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. The successful candidate would be responsible for the installation, customer training, and repair of CNC sheet metal fabricating machines including Lasers. The successful candidate will take calls from customers and handle their own schedule. The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours when necessary to keep customers machinery running and provide our customers with the high quality service that they expect and deserve. Must have a passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Talk to customers and schedule service calls
- Install, troubleshoot and repair CNC Machines
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of machines
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors in person, by telephone, email, etc.
- Read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and parts diagrams
- Order parts for customers
- Work productively both independently and in a group
- Learn quickly in both classroom and on-the-job training
- Learn independently by studying manuals and machinery you are exposed to
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office
- Very comfortable with mechanical assemblies (able to identify mechanical problems and take apart and rebuild assemblies)
- Possess valid Class G driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to do some heavy lifting
- Have a valid passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training
- Post Secondary education in a related field
Other Skills or Assets
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication
- Experience with CNC machinery
- Experience with Fanuc CNC controls or Lasers
- Any related licenses, degrees, or certificates
- Advanced knowledge of PCs including networking
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Programmer, Granby (Technical Consultant – Software)
AMADA CANADA is currently seeking a Technical Consultant and offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. Our ideal candidate has experience programming laser, punch press and press brake machines.
The successful candidate will become an expert in software to machine applications supporting our customers as well as our sales department. The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours when necessary to keep customers machinery running and provide our customers with the high quality service that they expect and deserve. Must have a passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply basic applications and product knowledge of all Amada products.
- Demonstrate software and equipment as required.
- Design and program demonstration parts to show the relevant features of the equipment and software that would be attractive to current and potential customers.
- Conduct software and machine time-studies, feasibility studies and create related documents showing potential benefits of the entire proposed solution over the customer’s current environment.
- Participate in public show events including planning, preparation, presentations and demonstrations of equipment and/or software.
- Train customers on Amada software.
- Recommend appropriate solutions to the Sales department based on the application.
- Educate Sales department staff on the features and benefits of our products and solutions.
- Learn new machinery and technologies as needed.
- Manufacturing / Fabrication experience
- CAD/CAM training/programming experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Able to work with MS Office applications
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Valid Canadian driver’s license (class G) and passport